Saturday, May 14, 2011

Week 10: Who say's our lives are uneventful?

We have had a very very busy week, to say the least.

Last Saturday was my baby shower and we had a lot of fun putting it together and celebrating baby Allyson's upcoming arrival. The theme we are using for Ally is an Owl, so the cupcakes had cute owl cupcake toppers and SUPER cute owl brownie pops! I got a lot of really great things from some people who either barely knew me, or never met me at all - so I was extremely grateful!

Cupcake Toppers

Me and my sister in law, Teresa

My sisters and Mother in law (Megan, Mom, and Katalina) working on the fruit bowl

Maddie helping me open my presents

My new super cute diaper bag. I love pink and brown ;)

some of us during the party

The owl brownie pop. This picture really doesn't do it justice. They were so cute!


Me and my girls (all 3 of them)

36 week belly shot


The next day we celebrated mothers day, but unfortunately there are really no pictures because we were all so exhausted from the day before. We spent Mothers day at church and had a great time! My class made coupon books to give to their moms and then we were able to go to relief society to have some goodies and listen to the bishop and his counselors teach us about the importance of mothers. Then when we got home, the girls gave me the presents they made for me the day before. My mother in law took them to Home Depot and each of them made me a different kind of flower planter. They were so proud of what they made and I was even more proud that my girls made them just for me! I'm hoping maybe someday this week we can go outside and plant some flowers to add to them. All in all, a very good mothers day! I am truly blessed to be a mother to 3 BEAUTIFUL and amazing girls. I can't wait until I have Ally in my arms as well :)

The rest of the week was spent working on Katelyns birthday present, a pillowcase dress (my first EVER), and gathering baby items to get ready for Allysons arrival. Up until this week I hadn't bought a single thing for her since I knew I was having a shower. We also were unable to bring any of the baby stuff to Utah with us from St Louis, so I was really stressed about having everything I needed in time for her to come. So I found a freecycle list for Salt Lake City and put up an ad stating I needed all of the necessities. The response was amazing! I now have enough clothes to get us through the first year, 2 car seats (we're going to use one as a spare), a bassinet, and 3 bouncer seats! We're going to pass along anything I didn't need to someone else who is in need. Now I have nearly everything I need for her arrival! Talk about a blessing! There are really good people in the world, its just not always easy to find them. Or, they're hiding where you least expect it!

Today, we had a birthday party to celebrate Katelyn's 3rd birthday which will actually be on Monday. We were supposed to all go to the park so the kids could play and we could enjoy some fresh air but right when we were about to pack up to go, it started raining and thundering. Me and Katy were crushed! So we had our "picnic" indoors, and then miraculously, the weather cleared up just long enough for us to go to the park to open presents and have cake. So, all in all - the day turned out to be a big success! Katelyn LOVES toy story, so we had a toy story cake and she got lots presents that she is really excited about.

The birthday girl!
Opening some of her presents.


blowing out the candle (seriously how CUTE is that cake?)

after devouring the cake. Daddy now calls her "the joker"


Mommy and her birthday girl (ignore mommy's appearance)

Nathan is still battling his kidney stone (this is stone number 2) and so far its been 2 weeks and still hasn't passed on its own. We now have a surgery date scheduled for this upcoming Friday if he doesn't pass it before then. This has been a very hard and trying time for our family. Nathan has been unable to go to work while he's had this stone due to the pain and heavy narcotics he's been on, and if he doesn't go back next week - then he will lose his job. Fortunately his doctor said he should be ready to return by next Tuesday after recovering for surgery so hopefully all will be well. His boss is trying to keep corporate from making her let him go. We're asking for prayers that this stone will pass before Friday and so he can get back to work as soon as possible. We're also praying that baby Ally doesn't try to make her debut until Daddy is well again too. Can you imagine me going into labor with Than in surgery?

And that's it for this week :) While I love having good news to report instead of always having something bad going on - I am really hoping for an uneventful week. I welcome a week of rest and sanity before things start to get crazy and busy again!

No comments:

Post a Comment