Monday, March 7, 2011

Week 2: Destination: Utah

(Finally updated to add photos, only a week late.)

The past week can only be described correctly using one word: insane. The first part of the week we spent nearly every waking hour preparing for our move and visiting with family and friends. Inbetween packing boxes and running errands, I tried to keep the kids on a semi-normal "routine" (whatever that is). Madison conquered writing yet another letter in the alphabet: a capital "B". She is so proud of her accomplishments! We have also mastered the capital and lowercase A, and the number 1. Katelyn is practicing her tracing because she has her colors and shapes mastered. So proud of my girls!


I had an ultrasound on Tuesday the 1st, and the doctor confirmed that I have a 2 valve umbilical cord (a normal one has 3 valves). Basically me and the baby are fine, but they want to watch her just in case it affects her growth. Other than that, mommy and baby are both still doing just fine!


Also on Tuesday I spent my last day as an editor and staffer on The Montage Student Newspaper. For the past 2 1/2 years I have worked as a photographer, photo editor, and online editor for the publication. I have gained a lot of new friends and even more experience. I've laughed and cried and have many memories from my time spent in the newsroom. My fellow editors sent me off with an awesome cookie cake and had really nice things to say about me. I hope they know how much I appreciated hearing them. I'm going to miss being a member of The Montage, but at the same time, I wont lie - it's kind of nice to have my Tuesdays back ;)

We left on our journey to Utah on Thursday the 3rd, and split the trip up into 3 days (2 nights) rather than the normal 2 days (1 night). The first night we drove to Topeka Kansas and stayed overnight in a Holiday Inn. The next morning we let the girls get in the pool for about 20 minutes while we washed and dryed clothes that a bottle of listerine spilled all over (They still smell cinnamon-y). Then the second night we stayed overnight in Cheyenne at a really nice Days Inn. The girls LOVED the swimming pool since there was one just for their size with a fun sprinkler, and mommy and daddy took full advantage of the hot tub. Maddie wanted to feel what it was like in the hot tub so she sat on the side with her toes in the water. Next thing I knew, she had fallen in! After having a heart attack I realized she was completely fine, and not even really that afraid (it was a miracle) so we finished up our swim and went to bed.




I am happy to say we are finally in Utah, staying with Nathan's parents and attempting to rebuild our lives from the bottom up. It's going to be rough, but I have faith that this will work. Nathan has a job interview on the 7th so we're praying it will be a good start in the right direction. The next week will consist of doctor hunting, job hunting, and taking care of other business. Wish us luck on this journey :)

No comments:

Post a Comment